On-Site Diagnostic Testing for Your Pet
At Home Animal Clinic offers comprehensive on site advanced diagnostic tools for our ill patients. Animals cannot tell us where they “hurt,” so repetitive on site diagnostic services are critical to diagnosing the animal patient.
Our in-house tools allow us to get fast, accurate results so we can focus our efforts on developing and implementing an appropriate course of treatment. Our knowledgeable veterinary team will work hard to get to the bottom of what is ailing your pet and help them to return to their normal, active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
At Home Animal Clinic’s in-house laboratory allows our veterinary staff to obtain detailed patient assessments quickly and conveniently. A sample of a pet’s blood, urine, or feces can reveal what is going on inside your pet’s body. We can often obtain a diagnosis within just minutes, making it faster and easier to treat what may be ailing your pet.
Onsite Tests Available in Clinic
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) — Measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets to help diagnose infections, anemia, and leukemia
- Blood Chemistry Panel — Measures electrolytes, enzymes, and chemical elements to determine how the organs are functioning
- Urinalysis — Detects the presence of substances such as protein, sugar, white blood cells, or blood to diagnose urinary tract infections, diabetes, dehydration, kidney problems, and more
- Fecal Exam — Detects the presence of intestinal parasites such as roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and Coccidia
- Infection Screening — On-site testing for deadly infections including Lyme Disease, Anaplasmosis, Heartworm, Parvo, Feline Leukemia Virus, and Feline AIDS (FIV)
For advanced diagnostics that cannot be performed on-site, we partner with the leading diagnostic laboratories in the veterinary industry. These reference laboratories provide high-quality analysis, quick turn-around times, and access to board-certified specialists for assistance with diagnostic interpretation for difficult cases.
At Home Animal Clinic has the latest in imaging technology. Digital X-ray is an imaging tool that provides a non-invasive method of examining your pet’s internal organs including the muscular-skeletal, cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal, and urinary systems. The image quality of a digital x-ray is much higher than a film x-ray. We have access to Telemedicine service with board certified radiologists to review our image studies.